Thursday, January 2, 2014

Kicking the Diet Soda Habit

I've been a diet soda addict for a LONG time. Everyone knows it! One year a coworker bought me diet soda ornament. That just goes to show you how addicted I am.  I've also quit a few times for at least 6 months at a time, but somehow always make my way back to it.  What's terrible, is that once I stop drinking it for a little while and start drinking it again it doesn't taste as good as I remember.  It tastes like a can of chemicals and I'm repulsed the first few sips till I'm hooked all over again.  The chemicals can't be good for me and it has to be eroding the enamel off my teeth.  If I want to be healthy it's time to kick the habit.  Plus it doesn't help that my kids think they should be able to drink it too, which I'm not crazy about.  So, if I'm not letting them drink it then why do I think it's okay for me to drink.
I'm sure you are wondering how I'm going to quit. Cold turkey!  I'm an all or nothing kind of gal.  If I give myself leeway then I start to take advantage and I'm hooked all over again.  So, I've just quit buying it. I'm sticking to drinking water and hot tea. Maybe I'll meditate when I get the craving for a diet soda.
Speaking of meditation, I completed my 2nd day of meditation.  There's nothing like trying to meditate while your 4 year old is playing trucks.  VROOM, VROOM, CRASH were the sounds going on in the background, but I managed just fine.  It doesn't have to be silent to meditate and I didn't let it bother me.  I guess it comes with being a mom because I'm great at tuning out things! I came across this quote today it really represents what I'm trying to do with my health.

To keep the body in good health is a duty... otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment